There are a number of treatment approaches for anxiety disorders such as medication, psychotherapy, or natural remedies. The type of treatment an individual will receive will often depend on symptoms and type of anxiety disorder one has. One may need to try a number of treatments, or combinations of treatments, before finding what works best.
Aside from medication and psychotherapy, there are also natural remedies that can help reduce anxiety. There are a number of advantages associated with using natural remedies as opposed to pharmaceutical products including reducing the risk of side effect, effective with chronic conditions, lower cost, widespread availability. Here are a few alternative natural remedies to help reduce anxiety including
- Take a Mindfulness Meditation – strengthens a person’s cognitive ability to regulate emotions and helps reduce anxiety
- Try Acupuncture – effective, however, it represents a very valuable anxiety treatment benefits immediate, reduces reinforcement, deals with other issues.
- Use lavender oils – lowers systolic pressure, the top blood pressure number that’s associated with stress
- Drink Chamomile tea – try drinking three cups of chamomile tea a day when you’re feeling anxious. Chamomile contains two chemicals that promote relaxation
- Eat more blueberries, peaches, and avocados